Crow Wing SWCD Annual Photo Contest-2018
Crow Wing Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) invite photographers of all ages and abilities to submit their photos for the 2018 Native Plant & Tree Photo Contest. Due by Monday, October 29, 2018
According to Beth Hippert, District Technician “This is a great opportunity for people to discover, explore, and learn about native plants that grow around the Brainerd Lakes Area and photograph the progression of plants and trees from spring to fall.”
Melissa Barrick, District Manager “All the entries will be featured on our Facebook page, website and potentially other educational or promotional items for the SWCD. The first-place winner will receive a 20” x 16” canvas of their photo, as well as their winning photo being featured at our SWCD booth at the 2019 Crow Wing County Fair! The second-place winner will receive a 8” x 10” canvas with their photo on it, and the third-place winner will receive notecards with their photo on them. We are currently featuring past photo contest winners in our 2017 Crow Wing County Plat Books.
How to Participate:
- E-mail your photos to email@example.com,
- mail/bring digital photos to: Land Services Building; Crow Wing SWCD, 322 Laurel St. Suite 22. Brainerd, MN 56401. usb drive or cd/dvd accepted
- Deadline: Monday October 29, 2018.
- Entries must feature a plant species that is native to Crow Wing County or surrounding counties, to be eligible.
- Entries must be original work that is property of the person who submits the photo.
- Labels must be on each entry with your name, phone #, name of the plant/tree, and what city/town photo was taken.
- One entry per species, limit of five entries per person.
- Submit photo by email in digital format only, min. 300 dpi or 6 Megapixel, .jpg format preferred.
- Trademarks, commercial names, or advertisements may not appear in the photos.
- Entry will imply consent to use photos for SWCD educational and promotional activities.
- Photos will be judged on shot composition, clarity, and the inclusion of stems, leaves, and flowers.
Extra points will be awarded for shots that include wildlife.
- The Crow Wing County Master Gardeners will judge photos, according to the guidelines listed above.
- Photos can be placed on our facebook page, but to enter the contest, they must be submitted by email or usb/cd/dvd.
Crow Wing SWCD, 322 Laurel Street, Suite 22, Brainerd, MN 56401
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 218-828-6197
Crow Wing SWCD Annual Photo Contest-2017
Crow Wing SWCD Annual Photo Contest-2016
2016 Photo Entries: