Woodland Stewardship Program for eligible areas within Crow Wing County!*
Own 20 acres or more of woodlands?
The SWCD has funds available to assist private landowners with woodland management. Plans and assistance is also available for a fee.
$$$ AVAILABLE FOR:
- Forest Stewardship Plans**
- Tree Planting
- Invasive Species Control
- Forest Improvements
- Erosion Control
- Wildlife Habitat
**Stewardship Plan allows you to enroll for a lower property tax rate or into an incentive payment program.
- Provide forest stewardship management planning assistance for clean water protection.
- SWCD will cover cost of plan ($200 + $6.50 acre)
- Landowner pays to register with DNR (Approx. $50)
- Property tax relief
- Financial assistance for forestry projects (50% of cost)
- Woodland of Minnesota Landowner Handbook -FREE
Contact: Darren, 218-828-6197, firstname.lastname@example.org
Crow Wing Soil and Water Conservation District
322 Laurel St. Suite 22; Brainerd, MN 56401