HIRING: Conservation Specialist (Full Time)
Opening Date: 12/19/2019
Closing Date: 01/06/2020 4:30 p.m.
To Apply: Complete the on-line application, and E-mail cover letter, resume, and three references to Tasha Lauer, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Crow Wing Soil and Water Conservation District, 322 Laurel St. Suite 22, Brainerd, MN 56401. Phone: 218-828-6197
On-line Application: https://forms.gle/zEBNtCd8xq6XwY8eA
Position Objective: Solicit and enroll private landowners into Board of Water and Soil Resources (BWSR) Re-invest in Minnesota (RIM) conservation easements program. Complete specific mass mailing and advertisement for conservation programs. Meet with individual landowners and groups to discuss conservation programs. Complete required work for Minnesota State Buffer Law. Office work will include: Answering phone calls and emails, sell seeds and plat books, and direct landowner questions to correct agency or staff person. Office hours Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Benefits include: Sick time, vacation leave, paid holidays, fringe benefit $500 a month, Public Employee Retirement Plan, and matching funds for 457 (b) Retirement Plan. Supportive collaborative work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sign up and process BWSR RIM conservation easements
- Provide office support and customer service
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with other employees and work effectively as part of a team.
- Communicate with partners and private landowners effectively.
- Assist with Pine River Watershed Alliance, other grant programs, and other duties as needed
- Work independently and as a part of a team
- Occasional weekends and nights as needed (meetings and events)
- Valid MN Drivers Licenses
- Lift 50 pounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Organization skills
- GIS Arc Map experience
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Experience in Natural Resource Field and title work